To see pictures of my adventures in Malawi click here for part I, and here for my trip to the lake.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

September 15, 2010 (Wed) – 7:30am (GMT +2)

Wes left yesterday for Mwami so I couldn't ride with him into Blantyre to work at BAH. So I am currently squished like a sardine into the Limbe clinic vehicle along with 10 other people in a truck that is clearly not designed for this. I am rather exhausted as I was up till nearly 1:30am last night trying to finish some backups off of one of the hospital computers. I had it booted into Ubuntu and for some reason it kept crashing when I would try to rename this one file. Finally I got the backups finished now I just need to reinstall XP and lock the computer down to try and keep out viruses. Even though the computer had anti-virus software installed it wasn't doing much good since every time it would pop up with a warning they would just click ignore. The workers desperately need some computer training, however I can't help but wonder how much of it would actually stick.

Yesterday I finally got around to putting up the new mosquito net I had bought a week and a half ago. I had our yard worker cut 4 lengths of bamboo that I used to construct a frame to keep the top of the mosquito net spread out. I was quite pleased with the result. Apparently Dr. Fam is going to be moving in with Anthony and I for awhile at least, I think he is going to be going to a hospital in another country soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment