To see pictures of my adventures in Malawi click here for part I, and here for my trip to the lake.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

September 18, 2010 (Sat) – 1:42pm (GMT +2)

In a few minutes we are going to start eating haystacks which I'm quite looking forward to. This morning Anthony and I went for a walk down my the dam and took pictures so when we got back we were quite hot and hungry. Once we got back to the house we made up shredded lettuce and guacamole to take to potluck.

Our worker talked to Anthony a couple days ago to see if we had some more work he could do so yesterday we had him do a thorough cleaning of the kitchen. He worked for about three hours and we paid him 120 Kwatcha (170 Kwatcha to the dollar). I kept having to remind myself that that is a perfectly good wage for here and that I wasn't a terrible person for paying him about 25 cents an hour.
2:37
Ahh... That's better, except I hear there is dessert and I definitely did not leave room for it, lol. I imagine I'll have to stuff myself a bit more. There are several more people here than there has been for the last few weeks. Alex got here Thursday night, Wes had picked him up in Lilongwe and took him along up to Mwami just across the border into Zambia. Kelvin and his family got back from a summer of traveling last week so they are here and they have a little 4 year old girl who, once they got over their initial shyness, Andrew and Keiza have been having fun playing with, sometimes to the detriment of our being able to hear ourselves think. Elisa just got back a few minutes ago with Christi who flew into Blantyre today.

No comments:

Post a Comment