To see pictures of my adventures in Malawi click here for part I, and here for my trip to the lake.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Malawi

So I decided I should post something about where I am going for those of you that might not be up to date on your African geography. Malawi is landlocked and about the size of Ohio with a population of about 14 million. Makwasa (the city Malamulo hospital is in) is near Blantyre which is the country's largest city and the center of commerce (also interstingly named after David Livingstone's birthplace). When I get there "winter" will be ending and from what I hear it will be hot and dry for awhile then hot and wet for awhile. Lake Malawi borders most of Malawi's eastern side and is the eighth largest lake in the world. It also has more fish species than any other lake.

Click here for some pictures of Malamulo hospital.



No comments:

Post a Comment