To see pictures of my adventures in Malawi click here for part I, and here for my trip to the lake.

Monday, August 2, 2010

New Computer



About a week and a half ago I bought a netbook to take to Africa since the battery life on my laptop is down to a whole 20 minutes and I'd like to not completely rely on the supply of uninterrupted electricity in rural Africa. After many hours of searching I decided to go with the Toshiba NB305. Unfortunately however Ubuntu does not like this model at all (or this model doesn't like Ubuntu depending on how one looks at it) so I then spent about 4 days working on getting Ubuntu working properly. At his point it is working much better but I think I am going to at least dual boot it with windows 7. Other than that I'm very happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment